The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), in an announcement, has significantly advanced the consolidation of government revenue collection. With immediate effect, it directs that all taxes made through mobile money channels must flow towards the government pay bill number 222222.
In response to President William Ruto’s directive to streamline government revenue collection, the KRA has taken this step, releasing a statement on Friday that underscores the critical importance of complying with their new protocol.
Taxpayers are advised to use the Payment Registration Number (PRN) or reference number on their generated payment slips from various KRA Business Systems, such as iTax, ICMS, EGMS, and KESRA IStudent, as the account number when making tax payments via mobile money.
To guide taxpayers through this transition, the KRA has delineated a straightforward process for making payments on mobile money platforms. Here are the steps you can follow:
Making Payments via Mobile Money:
Method 1: Utilizing PayBill Number 222222:
- Enter the PayBill number as 222222.
- Input the PRN, or payment registration number, as your account number.
- Enter the amount, adhering precisely to what the PRN indicates.
- Input your Personal Identification Number (PIN), then execute the action by clicking ‘send’.
*Method 2: USSD Code 222#:
- Dial *222#.
- Choose the option “Pay KRA bill.”
- Provide the E-slip (PRN) number.
- Select M-Pesa as the payment mode.
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN; subsequently, finalize the remaining steps.
Taxpayers can contact the KRA for additional information or inquiries through the provided channels: phone numbers 020-4-999-999 and 0711-099-999. Furthermore, they may direct their queries to this KRA email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aiming to enhance efficiency in tax collection, this initiative embodies the broader vision of optimizing government processes for the benefit of all Kenyan citizens through a centralized payment system.